Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day at home in Las Vegas


Jamál (Beauty), 14 Jalál (Glory), 169 BE – Sunday, April 22, 2012 about 10:30 AM Pacific Time

It is Earth Day and I am at home. I am sitting down for a few minutes before taking recyclables to the garage. I did not get the recyclable bins carried to the curb yesterday, so I will have to wait until the first Saturday in May to lug them to the curb. I really need a little red wagon or something to put the bins in to roll them to the curb, but since I do not have anything like that, I may start taking them out on Friday evening before the sun goes down.

Earth Day is a good day for a picnic, but that is not possible for me today. Especially since, I did not clean the car out last week. In order to take Mom out I need to put her wheel chair in the backseat and my backseat if full. I have some blankets in the back seat that I need to take to the laundromat because they are too bulky for my top loader. Staying home on Earth Day does have its advantages. I have did three small loads of clothes and I have one more to wash.

Earth Day is beautiful in Las Vegas, at least the part of it I can see from my living room window or when I go to the garage. There are no clouds in the sky and no wind or just a slight breeze. It is warm outside, I am not sure, but I think the temperature forecast for today was somewhere in the 90s. Have a Happy Earth Day and recycle as much as possible.

No comments: