Friday, April 13, 2012

Funny Friday in Las Vegas


Istiqlál (Independence), 5 Jalál (Glory), 169 BE – Friday, April 13, 2012 about 1:30 PM Pacific Time

Friday at last or should I say, “Thank God It’s Friday”. I know most people do not think Friday is funny especially Friday the Thirteenth. However, after considering all the horrid events that could happen today and the fact that there are two words designating “Fear of Friday the Thirteenth” (friggatriskaidekaphobia and paraskevidekatriaphobia); I have decided that the best way to overcome fear is to laugh.

Therefore, for me, today is funny Friday and I am going to see if I can find something amusing about the day. If I cannot find anything else to laugh at, I can laugh at myself. Sometimes I can be a very amusing person. True, I do manage to mess up most jokes I know when it comes to retelling them, which is why I normally do not retell a joke. I am not going to retell any jokes here either, at least not this Friday.

How am I an amusing person? I find the fact that I washed three sheets this morning and have them lying over chairs to dry quite amusing. That may not seem funny to some, but if you stop and think about it, it is amusing. There are a great many things in life that range from laugh out loud funny to amusing, we simply have to stop and think.

Personally, I do not think most people laugh enough. I know I do not laugh enough. If laughter is the best medicine then we should laugh at least once a day for five or six minutes, at least; so stop, look around, find something funny, and then laugh. Do not worry about what other think because laughter is contagious and if you laugh long enough other people will join you.

No comments: