Friday, April 20, 2012

Beware the bugs in Las Vegas


Istiqlál (Independence), 12 Jalál (Glory), 169 BE – Friday, April 20, 2012 about 6:15 PM Pacific Time

Spring has sprung and the bugs are trying to get into our houses. I think I’ll have to call in an extermination service this year. I’m not sure which one to contact though. I could spray for creepy crawlies myself, but I’m not looking forward to that. The last time I used a do-it-yourself bug spray, it worked; however, the nozzle leaked and I had to wear disposable gloves.

I also have to check outside for beehives. Earlier this week three men were stung when the cut a tree down that had bees in it. They cut the tree down and the bees swarmed stinging them. One man went to the hospital because of the incident. If I find any bees then I know I’m calling an exterminator because I’m not deal with bees.

As for the other bugs, I’m going to try the coffee ground in a glass jar solution. I have two empty glass jars in the refrigerator, I was going to carry them to the garage for recycling, but I think I’ll wash them out and try the coffee grounds solution. It can’t hurt and it may help keep the bugs and other small critters out of the house.

No comments: