Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Tuesday Thoughts: Tooting My own Horn (April 3, 2012)


Fidál (Grace), 13 Bahá (Splendor), 169 BE – Tuesday, April 3, 2012 about Sunset Pacific Time

I checked my yahoo.com e-mail today; this is something I do once or twice a week. As I was looking through the indescribable and unending collection of unread e-mails, I noticed the April 2, edition of “The Creative Notebook”. Since I had a few minutes before the laundry was ready to hang on the drying rack I read the new article “Toot Your Own Horn Tuesday”.

This article gave me something to think about; Dorene, the article’s author suggested that once a week instead of griping about the problems that confront us we should toot our own horns in you journals. I like this idea, because sometimes I become too wound up in the tests and difficulties of daily life that I forget to list my accomplishments in my journals.

She suggested listing ten small accomplishments or victories in our lives. Since I like the idea of “Toot Your Own Horn Tuesday”, I will periodically use that at the title of Tuesday Thought entry perhaps once or twice a month.

Ten victories

  1. Straightened up the canned vegetables in my pantry
  2. Filled all the ice cube trays and put them in the freezer
  3. Picked out my mother’s clothes for tomorrow
  4. Placed my green prayer beads in my leather medicine pouch so that I can find them
  5. Check the syllable counts of the words I use when writing form poetry
  6. Check my landline voice mail by logging into my phone provider’s website
  7. Filled my hard plastic bottle with ice and water and then sit it on the floor next to my desk
  8. Put water and fresh coffee ground in my coffee maker so that I can turn it on the first thing in the morning
  9. Locked the security screen door after Mom’s PA left for the day
  10. Carried a plastic trash bag filled with aluminum cans to my car

No comments: