Monday, August 01, 2011

August memories

Kamál (Perfection), 1 Kamál (Perfection), 167 BE – Monday, August 1, 2011 about 7:25 PM Pacific Time

August always brings back memories. The memories that I have now concern attending the Feast of Kamal (Perfection). I miss attending the nineteen-day feast; I remember attending the Feast of Perfection with my mother. Now, Mom is usually in bed by 5:30 or 6:00 PM and since I cannot leave her alone; I stay home as well.

Mom likes the prayers revealed by Baha’u’llah, since she has difficulty reading the prayer book I read the prayers for her. She sits next to me on the couch and listens. I know she hears me because, even when she is not wearing her hearing aids, she sits quietly and listens. She also smiles when I am reading the prayers.

No comments: