Saturday, August 13, 2011

What is joy?

Jalál (Glory), 13 Kamál (Perfection), 167 BE – Saturday, August 13, 2011 about 3:30 PM Pacific Time

The August 10, 2011 edition of the writing.com spiritual newsletter asks, “What is joy?” My answer to that question is this. Joy is a spiritual attribute. Joy gives a person’s soul wings and helps an individual overcome any difficulty.

One of the things that give me joy is a summer shower. It rained this morning in Las Vegas, in my neighborhood anyway. I watch the gentle raindrops fall and I smiled. I inhaled the aroma of the cool summer shower and I laughed. The rain gave me joy. The rain made me happy.

My joy came from more then just the necessity of rain. We need rain in Las Vegas, but that is not why I smiled. I smiled because the rain is a blessing from God. I smiled because the rain reminded me of angels. It reminded me of angels because there is a saying about each raindrop being carried to earth by an angel.

What is joy? Joy is watching the raindrops fall. Joy is feeling the cool raindrops on my exposed face and arms. Joy comes from knowing I roll up my car windows before the rain started. Joy is watching the rain soak into the hard dry ground of my front yard.

No comments: