Friday, August 05, 2011

A triple digit afternoon in Las Vegas

This afternoon it is sunny with a breeze. The temperature is in the triple digits. I have all the area fans going in the house. I am going to make Mom and me some ice water. I was going to fix Mom a baked potato with carrots for her supper, but I am not sure now.

We have a heat pump that is supposed to help keep the house cool. The main problem is that the unit is too small for the house. I have had the unit repaired twice this year and once last year. I am worried about it working properly. Sometimes I think it works the way it should, given that we need another unit to keep this house properly cooled.

Sometimes I think I worry over nothing. I look for things to worry about and I find them. Now I am worried that the unit is not working properly. The unit has been working properly and it is about 105 degrees outside. I am probably worried because of an over active imagination.

I am going to post this and then make myself a nice cold glass of ice water while I am waiting for Mom to come home.

No comments: