Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Mother’s Wardrobe

Fidál (Grace), 4 Asmá’ (Names), 167 BE – Tuesday, August 23, 2011 about 1:30 PM Pacific Time

I was looking for Mom a dress to wear and found she has many nice cloths that she does not wear any more. Some of them are dressy, but we do not go anywhere for her to wear them, so I am going to let her wear them to the daycare center. Mom enjoys wearing them and when she sees them she wants to put them on.

When she takes them off, I have to check them for stains. I also have to be careful when I wash them. I have to wash them in warm water and dry them on low heat. I do not mind that as long as Mom enjoys wearing them. The dresses fit her well, so I will start putting them out for her to wear once a week or so.

I can hang the cloths for Mom to wear on the back of the bathroom door. If I hang an outfit there each night then the next morning it will be out and ready for Mom after she gets her shower. Today, Mom wore a pink dress she was happy when she left the house to go to the daycare center. I think the color of her dress affected her mood because usually it takes her thirty minutes to calm down from receiving a shower. I will have to do a little research to see if color does affect the mood of an Alzheimer’s patient.

No comments: