Tuesday, August 09, 2011

My Mother’s Gelatin Fruit Salad

Fidál (Grace), 9 Kamál (Perfection), 167 BE – Tuesday, August 9, 2011 about 9:55 AM Pacific Time

I made Mom’s gelatin fruit salad last night. I had two 15 oz. cans of mixed fruit in the cupboard, so I need only the gelatin to make the salad. When I went to Smith’s Food and Drug store last week, I bought four 0.3 oz. packages of flavored gelatin, two raspberry flavored and two cherry flavored.

Last night, I boiled some water and mixed the raspberry gelatin. I used two cups of boiling water, one cup per package and dissolved the gelatin. After dissolving the gelatin, I mixed one cup of juice from the mixed fruit and one cup of cold water. I then added the 15 oz. of mixed fruit and put the dish in the refrigerator. When Mom returns home this afternoon, I will fix her a dish for her supper.

No comments: