Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I am in a rut in Las Vegas

Fidál (Grace), 2 Kamál (Perfection), 167 BE – Tuesday, August 2, 2011 about 2:55 PM Pacific Time

I think I am in a rut. Each day it seems like I am running in circles doing the same thing over and over. I get up in the morning and then I get Mom up, which is a project in itself. I fix Mom breakfast. I give Mom her meds. The CNA and I get Mom bathed and dressed. One person cannot bath Mom because she does not like the idea of someone else giving her a bath.

Mom has Alzheimer’s disease. Mom does not realize she has this disease and therefore does not understand why someone else gives her a bath. After the bath, Mom normally calms down and is happy to look at T.V. or talk until the daycare bus comes.

After Mom leaves then I do the things I have to do. Since I have to be home by 3:30 PM, I have to spread my errands out over the week. It takes me longer to get everything accomplished, but I eventually get it done. I pay as many bills as I can online because that saves time.

I miss going out at night, but I cannot leave Mom alone. It is difficult to get Mom out of the house and into the car. Mom does not want to leave the house; in fact, it is difficult to keep Mom up late at night because she wants to go to bed early. Mom is happy staying home.

I think I will plan to go to a movie. I have no idea what is playing and it does not matter. I have not been to a movie in a long time. I can go to a movie after Mom leaves for the daycare center, this will let me get back to the house before she gets home in the afternoon.

No comments: