Monday, January 31, 2011

A High Wind Watch

Fidál (Grace), 14 Sultán (Sovereignty), 167 BE – Monday, January 31, 2011 about 5:56 PM Pacific Time

The Weather Service has issued a High Wind Watch and a Wind Advisory for Clark County, Nevada. Since Las Vegas is in Clark County that means we are included in this weather forecast. This is upsetting because I have two trees in my yard I need to remove and the last time the wind took out a tree in my yard was in February.

The trees are leaning toward the street, so they may not fall on the garage or the house. Still I do not like the idea of the wind taking the trees out before I can afford to have them removed. I am not sure what to do at this point, except pray. Pray that the trees remain standing. Pray that the wind does not blow hard enough to set records.

Living is Las Vegas is interesting because of the weather. It is not always dry in Las Vegas. Las Vegas is in a valley with mountains all around, so we get interesting weather. True we do not get the spectacular change of seasons like other parts of the country, but we do have interesting and upsetting weather.

No comments: