Saturday, January 08, 2011

Mom wants to celebrate her 90th birthday

Jalál (Glory), 9 Sharaf (Honor), 167 BE – Saturday, January 8, 2011 about 4:38 PM Pacific Time

Mom will be 90 years old on March 19, 2011. She wants to celebrate her 90th birthday. At least she wanted to celebrate it last night. I haven’t discussed it with her today. Mom has short term-memory issues and has a tendency to forget easily.

At this point, I don’t know if celebrating her birthday would be a good or bad idea. I suppose that depends on how Mom is doing when March arrives. March is only a couple of months away and it doesn’t seem like a long time. However, since Mom has Alzheimer’s disease I have to consider other things when it concerns celebrating her birthday.

I think I’ll put off making the decision about the birthday party until after her appointment on Tuesday morning. The appointment is at 7:30 AM, which isn’t a good time, but it was the only time we could get with this doctor. Mom isn’t used to getting up before 10:00 AM, so starting Sunday morning I am going to have to get her up earlier. I need to know how long it takes to get her up and dressed for a 7:30 appointment before Tuesday.

No comments: