Friday, January 07, 2011

I think I need a pill crusher

Istiqlál (Independence), 8 Sharaf (Honor), 167 BE – Friday, January 7, 2011 about 2:18 PM Pacific Time

Mom is protesting taking her medication. She has not refused to take it, but each time I give her the meds she says it is the last time she is going to take them. I am not sure what to do if she refuses to take the medication perhaps I need to get a pill crusher so that I can mix the tablets with her food.

She is supposed to take all of her medication with food, so I do not think there will be a problem mixing them with food. I will discuss it with her doctor on Tuesday. Mom has an appointment with a new doctor at 7:30 AM; not an ideal hour, but that was the only one this doctor had available and Mom needs her meds refilled this coming week.

It is cloudy and Mom is upset. She seems to be more depressed on cloudy days then on sunshiny days. I will have to take to the doctor about her depression because I do not think the tablet she is taking helps. I also have to discuss why she is cold all the time; all right, this is winter, but she still should not be complaining about the cold. There may not be anything I can do about that except encourage her to wear sweaters.

The biggest issue Mom has is the Alzheimer’s disease. I do not know the medications this new doctor will prescribe. He may continue the medications she is taking or he may change them. He may know of something that works better then what Mom is taking. I am just going to have to talk to the doctor on Tuesday, January 11, and see what he says.

No comments: