Saturday, January 22, 2011

Watching the sunset in Las Vegas

Jalál (Glory), 4 Sultán (Sovereignty), 167 BE – Saturday, January 22, 2011 about 5:03 PM Pacific Time

It is Saturday evening and the sun has begun to sit. Sunlight reflects off the underside of beautiful white clouds reminding me of snow. The only snow in the Las Vegas area this year fell in the higher elevations. Mount Charleston looks inviting. Sometimes I miss the snow and sometimes I only think I miss it.

I miss the snow on evenings like this, when I look out my window and see the sun reflecting off the bottoms of the clouds. Today we had a wind advisory, but no wind. At least, no wind in my neighborhood and I doubt the wind blew very much in any area of Las Vegas. I do no know what type of weather the meteorologist predicted for tomorrow because I have not watched the news or weather on T.V. and I have not read the weather e-mail waiting in my inbox.

I will wait until later to find out because now I have to take trash out to the garage. I also have to make sure Mom takes her evening medication, so I will close this entry now.

No comments: