Friday, January 28, 2011

Sometimes it’s difficult to find things to be thankful for

Istiqlál (Independence), 10 Sultán (Sovereignty), 167 BE – Friday, January 28, 2011 about 2:11 PM Pacific Time

Sometimes it is difficult to find things to be thankful for on Thankful Thursday. I started making a gratitude journal entry yesterday and I am still working on it today. Life has been especially difficult this week and I am not sure why. Mom has not been any more difficult then usual. True, Mom does not want to take her medication, but if I am persistent and listen to her reasons eventually, she takes the meds.

I have two stone pine trees in my front yard that has to come out. One of the trees is dying and the other one looks very ill. I need to find a way to have them taken out before the March winds begin to blow. One of the trees will withstand the winds, but the other I am not sure will stand up to the winds. If it falls, it will fall toward the street, so I do not have to worry about the garage; however, the power lines are an issue if the tree falls. I wish I could have both the trees taken out, but if I can scrap up the money, I can only afford to get rid of one tree.

I began this entry discussing my gratitude journal entry. I still have three things to add to the entry before it is complete. Perhaps I need to step back and look at my blessings. At least, it is not snowing in the Las Vegas valley, so I do not have to worry about becoming snowed in.

No comments: