Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Life was boring before I turned 60

Fidál (Grace), 14 Sultán (Sovereignty), 167 BE – Tuesday, February 1, 2011 about 5:12 PM Pacific Time

All right, maybe that title is an overstatement. I know that ever since I turned 60 my life has become stressful, on the verge of tears, hilarious at odd moments, but never uninteresting or boring. Sometimes it seems as if life is moving at hurricane speeds sweeping me toward a dense fog bank.

On December 24, 2011, I will be 65 years old. I will be old enough to go on Medicare if it still exists and I survive. I am no longer worried about the world ending in 2012, now the most important thing in my life if to have the stone pine trees removed from my front yard before the wind does the job for me.

Today is February 1, the weather service has issued a high wind watch and a wind advisory for Clark County Nevada. This morning, I woke up and immediately looked out my living room window to make sure the trees were still standing. I will do the same thing on the morning of February 2 and everyday thereafter until I get the trees removed.

Since I cannot afford to have the trees removed, I am writing about removing the trees. I am not sure what good blogging about tree removal will do, but it makes me feel better for a little while. As I implied at the beginning of this entry, life is becoming extremely interesting.

No comments: