Sunday, February 22, 2015

Spiritual Sunday: A Cloudy Sunday

Jamal (Beauty), 16 Mulk (Dominion), 171 BE - Sunday, February 22, 2015 about 11:24 am Pacific Standard Time

Gray-white clouds cover
the beautiful Sunday blue sky
and conceal morning's bright sun.

I give thanks for the cloud cover
and the patches of blue
peeking through.

Breakfast-brunch consumes,
dishes waiting for hot soapy water
and the leftover hotcake batter
waiting for me to decide
if I want an egg
or a spicy chicken patty
to accompany the hotcakes
for an afternoon snack.

I give thanks for the birds
singing in the pine tree
across the street
and for the pigeons
that walk past my front stoop.

A cloudy Sunday morning
is becoming
a cloudy Sunday afternoon.

I give thanks
for a day of rest
and a cup of
hot black coffee.

No comments: