Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Midweek Reflections: On the Singing of Birds

Idal (Justice), 12 Mulk (Dominion), 171 BE - Wednesday, February 18, 2015 about 5:28 pm Pacific Standard Time

Every morning when I open the door I hear the birds singing. They must think it is spring because they sound so happy. The weather has been nice. It's been so nice that I have not turned the warm air on all month. It is not warm enough to turn the cool air on, so the unit remains off. I suppose I will have to figure out how to put a filter in it this year. I am not looking forward to that, but perhaps if I purchase the filter then the rental agent will send their maintenance person to change it for me.

The birds stop singing after school lets out and the neighborhood children begin to play and make noises. I do not think the birds care for the noise the children make in the late afternoon or early evening. I, on the other hand, enjoy listening to the kids play and make happy noises. It takes my mind off the lonely feeling I sometimes get living by myself. All though I am not as alone as I thought I was.

I had an encounter with a mouse this morning. It was a bit of a shock because I did not think about a mouse or mice getting into my apartment. I knew there were mice in the desert, but I did not think about them getting into my apartment. Now every time I see a shadow out of the corner of my eye I take another look to see if it was a mouse or just a shadow. I called the rental agent so I expect to hear from their exterminator soon.

No comments: