Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Midweek Reflections: Handicapped Only Parking places

I don't get upset easily most of the time. However, today I saw something that really pissed me off. It was three young people (by young I mean somewhere in their early to middle twenties) parked in a handicapped only space and went into the grocery store. It was a man and two females. After he got out of the car he pulled his pants up so his butt crack would not show when he was walking into the store. One of the girls (I will not call them women because a woman would not let her man park where he did). All three walked into the store without difficulty.



It is difficult for me to walk, but I have not yet gotten a handicapped placard to put in my car so I do not park in handicapped only spaces. Those spaces are designated for people who have a hard time walking great distances. I know that there are some young people who have problems walking more then 200 yards without stopping to rest. If a person has a medical problem that prevents them from walking a long way then get a placard, but do not use those parking places unless you really need them. There are people who need them and if those spaces are used by healthy people then those who really need them have to either wait until a car moves struggle to walk into the store.

 

No comments: