Friday, February 21, 2014

Grocery Shopping on Friaday a Family Tradition

Istiqlál (Independence), 15 Mulk (Dominion), 170 BE - Friday, February 21, 2014 about 3:47 pm Pacific Standard Time

I went grocery shopping this morning about 11:45 am and returned home about 1:45 pm. When I returned home, I parked in front of the apartment building so that I could unload the groceries. Then I drove the car around to the back of the building and parked in my spot.

When I came into the house, I put the groceries I purchased in the National Consumer Panel scanned and then put the groceries away. After I put the food in the refrigerator, I sliced a small tomato and ate it with a little mayonnaise. I'm still hungry, but I don't think I want another tomato. I still have some peanut butter from the senior food allotment I picked up the first of the month. A peanut butter sandwich sounds good and it would hit the spot this afternoon.

I realized, as I was putting the food away, that my grandparents always went to the grocery store on Friday afternoon. Grandpa would get off work, change clothes, and they would go to the store every week. Then on Saturday, if they did not go to the Lake, Grandma Mary would do laundry. I still have laundry to do, but I don't think I'm going to the laundromat this Saturday. Instead, I think I'll go either on Wednesday or Thursday.

No comments: