Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Midweek Refections on telemarketers

I've had it with telemarketers who call and won't let me get a word in edgewise. I know they probably get a commission on every thing they sell, but no matter how fast they talk I'm not going to purchasing anything from anyone who won't at least listen to what I have to say. For the past two and a half weeks I've been getting calls from an injury lawyer and a dental  plan. I don't want that type of lawyer (even if I did need an injury lawyer I'd find one locally). I have a full set of denture, so I don't qualify for whatever dental plan the telemarketer is attempting to sell.

Another thing is that every time I get one of those calls, it sounds like the same woman calling. The unsolicited call I've responded to in the past couple of weeks was a telephone survey. A nice young man called asking my opinion on some sort of voters' survey. At least, with voter surveys, I'm sure that the person is getting my number of a voter registrations list and probably dialing the number himself. I don't my voter surveys because the people are pleasant and they listen to me.

I don't like telemarketing calls where the people sound pleasant and polite, but are not polite enough to listen to me. I may be 67 years old, but I assure you I know what I want and I don't purchase from telemarketers. If I need any type of similar product then I will search for it locally rather then purchasing over the phone. I've gotten to the point, that if the person talks so fast that I can't get in a word edgewise then, I hang up.


No comments: