Sunday, February 23, 2014

At the beginning of a New Week

Jamál (Beauty), 17 Mulk (Dominion), 170 BE - Sunday, February 23, 2014 about 9:35 am Pacific Standard Time

It's Sunday again, a day that reoccurs every seven days on schedule and without any huge announcement. Ayyám-i-Há begins on the evening of Tuesday, February 25 and ends on the evening of Saturday, March 1. At that time ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) begins and last for the next 19 days until the evening of March 20, which the year 170 BE comes to an end. On Naw-Ruz (March 21) a New Year begins, it will be the year 171 BE.

Today, Sunday, February 23, I begin a new pen and paper journal along with my new week. I realized, as I was sipping my coffee, that this also marks the true beginning of my New Normal, which I though begin on January 1, 2013. The truth is that my new normal begin when I moved out of the house my mother and I shared. I'm living in my own apartment and it's frightening because taking care of only myself is much more difficult then taking care of someone else.

I'm responsible for everything and not just material resources. I have to make myself get up in the morning with no one for me to get up except myself. I have to get out and go to the laundromat at least once a week. I have to attempt to shop for one  person instead of two, when everything is geared toward families of three or more. I have to... there isn't any sense in going on with that thought because I have to do everything myself.

Today I start a new pen and paper journal, I think I'm going to experiment with the entries. I want to make each entry interesting and slightly different from the last. This means that one day I may write a letter and the next a poem or I may write letters to a different person each day.  I know one thing I have to do right now and that's to fix me something to eat.

No comments: