Friday, July 13, 2012

Today’s Senior Moment in Las Vegas


Istiqlál (Independence), 1 Kalimát (Words), 169 BE – Friday, July 13, 2012 about 4:20 PM Pacific Time

I had a Senior Moment earlier this afternoon and it scared me. All right, I am 65 and I can expect a Senior Moment now and then. However, this one really shook me up. I was doing a survey and forgot my age. I could remember the year I was born, but not how old I was on my last birthday. I could also remember the date of my last birthday.

Since I needed to know my age for the survey, I used the calculator on my cell phone to figure out my age. I do not think there is anything to worry about now, the momentary memory lose was just a brain hiccup ... an attack of “C.R.S.” I did remember how to use the calculator. I did remember the year I was born (1946). I did remember that my last birthday was December 24, 2011.

I think the best way to handle today’s little memory lapse is not to worry. I doubt that it is an indication of Alzheimer’s disease. It is probably an indication stress or of nothing at all. Everyone has memory lapse now and then. These memory lapses normally do not mean anything except stress. I need to take a deep breath and laugh.

No comments: