Sunday, July 29, 2012

After a long and sleepless night in Las Vegas


Jamál (Beauty), 17 Kalimát (Words), 169 BE – Sunday, July 29, 2012 about 10:36 AM Pacific Time

After a long and sleepless night, a peanut butter sandwich, and two cups of leftover coffee warmed up in the microwave, I am finally functioning. I spent part of the night attempting to convince Mom that we could not leave the house in the middle of the night. Mom was restless and had dreams about going some place. I do not know where she wanted to go because she would not tell me.

I am not sure Mom knew where she wanted to go; she just knew she wanted to go somewhere. I gave her a pill about midnight to calm her down. After Mom went to sleep, then I had to deal with my own problems. I ate something yesterday that did not agree with me and I am not sure precisely what it was. I am going to have to begin keeping a food diary. At least that way I will know what foods are causing my stomach problems.

A food diary may not change the way I eat, but it will give me an idea of the foods I have to eat less regularly. I doubt that I stop eating the food I like, not matter what issues they cause, but I will know why my stomach acts up and I am in pain. Of course, the problem could be something other then food, so the next time I see my doctor I will take a list of the symptoms, with me to the doctor. Perhaps I should also keep a list of my emotions and stress events as well.

No comments: