Saturday, July 21, 2012

The clouds are rolling into Las Vegas


Jalál (Glory), 9 Kalimát (Words), 169 BE – Saturday, July 21, 2012 about 4:15 PM Pacific Time

The clouds are rolling into Las Vegas. I have not been outside since I rolled the trashcan back to the garage after the garbage trucks picked up the trash this morning. I know the humidity is up because I can see the clouds, but I do not know how much humidity or how high the temperatures. I have not been watching the local news today or the weather channel. Today I am watching CNN or MSNBC. Right now, I am watching CNN.

I am not ready to write why I am watch CNN or anything about what happened in Colorado. I am still attempting to process the information. Eventually, I will be able to process what I am hearing and then I will write something about. It will either be a blog entry or a poem; probably a poem, but for now I am focusing on the news, the local weather, and what to fix Mom for dinner. I know that is an odd reaction, but if I let myself focus completely on the shooting in Colorado I will cry, which is something I cannot let myself do in front of my mother.

I am not sure how much Mom will comprehend. If I mention Colorado, Mom is going to worry about my brother and his family. There is no use upsetting Mom about them or anything else in her condition. Mom’s Alzheimer’s disease has affected every aspect of my life. Before I tell her about anything or put the hearing aids in her ears on the weekends, I consider what she may hear on the news. She has her hearing aids in now and the news does not seem to be affecting her, so I do not know how much she understands about what is going on.

No comments: