Saturday, July 14, 2012

I used to look forward to Saturday


Jalál (Glory), 2 Kalimát (Words), 169 BE – Saturday, July 14, 2012 about 9:00 AM Pacific Time

I used to look forward to Saturday. When I was a child, I looked forward to it because it was a nonschool day. It was a day I could spend at my Grandparents’ house, where I could feed the chickens and gather the eggs. In spring and summer, it was a my Grandparents’ took us to the Lake, where we could swim, boat ride and water ski or watch Grandpa water ski.

When I was in the workforce, Saturday was a day off. It was a day I didn’t have to go to work. I could spend Saturday anyway I wanted. I could go to a movie. I could go shopping. I could go out to eat. I could stay home and write. I could sleep late on Saturday morning and stay up late on Saturday night.

I don’t look forward to Saturday any more because it is the same routine every weekend. On Saturday morning, I get up and turn on the computer to make sure the virus scan checks for viruses and other malware. I take my thyroid tablet and then I roll the trashcan to the curb and pick up the morning; today I also took the recyclables to the curb. When I get back into the house, I check the computer to make sure it didn’t go into hibernation while the virus scan is running.

After checking the computer, I check the coffee to see if I have a cup or two leftover from the day before. If I have coffee leftover, I pour a mug and put it in the microwave, but I don’t turn the microwave because by this time I hear Mom either calling my name or crying. This morning she called my name. I get Mom up and begin giving her the morning meds. It is difficult to give Mom all her meds at once because she will not swallow all of them at the same time. I give her the first med and then I get her something to eat. I could go on and on about my mundane, but I won’t because I have to see about Mom and then check a couple of websites.

No comments: