Thursday, July 19, 2012

Technical Issues: Relearning a skill I forgot


Istijlál (Majesty), 7 Kalimát (Words), 169 BE – Thursday, July 19, 2012 about 7:30 PM

Perhaps, skill is not the right word in this context, but I am sticking with it. Anyway, for some time now I have been attempting to do a screen capture while using Google Chrome. Despite the fact, that I sometimes have issues with “webpage unresponsive” I like Chrome and I do not want to change to another browser.

I knew how to do a screen capture in my old browser or at least I did when I used it all the time. As I said or implied, we forget what we do not use all the time. When I downloaded Chrome, I had never used it before and I am still learning how to use it. Today, after searching the internet to find the solution, I learned how to perform a screen capture in Google Chrome.

Performing a screen capture in Chrome is easy. You do a shift prt scr and then copy the results into either paint or Word. I still cannot figure out why I thought that using shift prt scr would not work in Chrome. Oh well, I have more important things to worry about now.

The next technical problem I have to solve is the reason my virus scan takes between five and ten hours to check my systems. I will write more about this in a later entry.

No comments: