Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Weary Wednesday: Technology and Frustration


‘Idál (Justice), 6 Kalimát (Words), 169 BE – Wednesday, July 18, 2012 about Sunset Pacific Time

It is Wednesday, I am tired and I am frustrated. I am frustrated with technology. The virus scan took ten hours to scan my system today, which means I accomplished nothing online. I accomplished no writing; however, I can make up some of the writing this evening. At least, I could if my system ran at a decent speed. I am frustrated and I am repeating myself.

The one thing I did accomplish today had nothing to do with writing or working online. I cleaned the fabric softener dispenser in my washing machine. I took the dispenser out of the machine. I put in a bucket of hot water with some laundry detergent and I let it soak while I read my paper. After letting the dispenser soak, I then cleaned the fabric softener gunk out of it. The dispenser is not clean and ready for me to put fabric softener in it again.

I still have to wash out the tub of the washer because I noticed there were some stains, but I think those will come out with a bit of work. I may finish cleaning the washing machine tomorrow. It depends on when I start the virus scan on my computer. Since it took ten hours for the scan to run today, I expect it to take that long tomorrow. Therefore, I will do something else while it is scanning my system.

If I start the virus scan, running tonight at 11:36 PM (this is when it should begin rather then 4:45 AM like it did this morning) then it should be finished by about 9:36 AM. I am not going to count on this, of course, after all I am dealing with technology and outdated technology at that. I can only hope and pray that the scan finishes by 9:36 AM.

No comments: