Saturday, June 30, 2012

A sleepy Saturday afternoon in Las Vegas


Jalál (Glory), 7 Rahmat (Mercy), 169 BE – Friday-Saturday, June 30, 2012 about 2:10 PM Pacific Time

Sleepy Saturday
Afternoon nap inviting
Don’t want to lye down

I’m sleepy, but I don’t want to lye down. I have too much work to do to sleep. I need something to keep me awake, but I don’t want to make any more coffee. I didn’t make coffee this morning because I had half a carafe left over from yesterday. I think there is still a cup left in the carafe, so I will warm it over; however, I’m not sure that it will keep me awake.

I hear people complaining all the time about coffee keeping them awake, but that isn’t my experience. It’s not the coffee that keeps me awake, it the worrying and weird noises in my neighborhood. The worrying I can dissipate by placing the situation in God’s hands. It’s the weird noise that’s a little more difficult to handle, especially since I’m not willing to go outside and investigate. It doesn’t seem logical to get up out of bed, go outside, and investigate a weird noise when 99 time out of 100 you won’t find the cause.

I’m going to reheat the remaining coffee and then see if I can find something to eat. Perhaps a little food will keep me awake. Sugar usually keeps me awake, so perhaps I will warm up one of the toaster pastries I bought when I went to the grocery store on Thursday.

No comments: