Monday, June 18, 2012

Almost a lost weekend in Las Vegas


Kamál (Perfection), 14 Núr (Light), 169 BE – Monday, June 18, 2012 about 7:30 PM Pacific Time

It was almost a lost weekend. I did very little except focus on taking care of Mom, which is full time job in itself. Getting Mom into and out of the wheelchair takes energy and effort. I use a “gate” belt to help transfer her from the bed to the wheelchair and to get her from the wheelchair to the toilet.

Mom weighs approximately 140 lbs. so if she falls on the floor, I have to call the paramedics to help get her up. Fortunately, this past weekend I was able to transfer her from one place to another without much difficulty. Mom was able to help a little bit by using her walker for short distances. Still it was tiring.

I did some writing over the weekend. Writing relaxes me and helps me cope. I made a couple of blog entries in my writing.com blog Snow Melt. I also completed editing the June 20 edition of the writing.com fantasy newsletter. That was about all the writing I accomplished Saturday and Sunday. I am tired, but I am not sleepy. Perhaps I will go to writing.com and do a few reviews.

No comments: