Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pork Chops and Potato Salad for Lunch in Las Vegas


Jalál (Glory), 19 Núr (Light), 169 BE – Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:00 PM Pacific Time

I bought pork chops and mustard potato salad when I went to the grocery store on Friday. I fixed two pork chops for lunch, one for Mom and one for me. I also gave each of us a helping of potato salad. We ate between 11:30 and noon. I am still full, but Mom is hungry again. I have to figure out what to fix her.

The problem is Mom’s short-term memory loss. Mom forgets she ate and therefore she gets hungry. When Mom gets hungry, I have to find her something to nibble on otherwise she sits and cries. It does no matter how often I explain to her that she just ate, since she does not remember eating she does not think she ate and this explains why she now weight 140 lbs.

I have to find her something to eat that is not fattening. I have ice cream in the freezer we were going to snake on this afternoon, but that is fattening. All though, perhaps if I give Mom a little ice cream she it will satisfy her for an hour or two (I hope). I have to figure out what Mom can eat that is not fattening. At this point, Mom’s weight is close to ideal for her height

No comments: