Saturday, June 09, 2012

The bandage is off my left leg


Jalál (Glory), 5 Núr (Light), 169 BE – Saturday, May 9, 2012 about Sunset Pacific Time

It’s late Saturday afternoon of an interesting and stressful week. The doctor took the bandage off my left leg on Thursday. At this point, my leg feels fine, but I haven’t been out of the house since Thursday. I haven’t worn my compression stockings since Thursday. Normally, the only time I wear them is when I go out for shopping or a doctor’s appointment.

I suspect I may be allergic to the fabric in the compression stockings. That would explain why my left leg gets sores on ir and why the sores weep. However, I’m not sure because my right leg doesn’t get sores that weep, but it does get red and itch when I wear the compression stockings.

I have to go out Monday because I have to deposit a check (I can’t do that with my phone) and go to the grocery store. Then on Tuesday, I have an appointment with my doctor. I’m planning on wearing my compression stockings on one or both of those days. If I am allergic to the material in the stocking then my leg will begin weeping again and I’m not looking forward to the prospect.

I don’t like having knee-high bandage on my leg. Perhaps I’m worrying over nothing. The problem with my left leg could have more to do with my age and the problems with my veins then it does with the compression stockings that I wear.

1 comment:

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

what happened to your leg?