Monday, June 11, 2012

A Baby-boomer comes to terms with her mortality


Kamál (Perfection), 7 Núr (Light), 169 BE – Monday, June 11, 2012 about 5:20 PM Pacific Time

I thought I’d come to terms with this years ago. I purchased a plot, pre-paid for a burial plan, and, I think, I even picked out a casket. Now I find out that if, I choose cremation, I can have my ashes carried into space. As much as, I want to go into space, I’m not having my body cremated just so my ashes can be carried into orbit.

All right, it’s the cremation idea that bothers me. If my entire body, uncremated, could be carried into space then I don’t think I would object to the price. I’m sure I don’t want my body cremated; I don’t care how dignified or economical the cremation process. I do not want my body cremated! I want my body put in a casket and buried in the ground. Or I want my body put in a casket and shot into orbit.

I’m 65 years old, so I know that eventually the angel of death will sever the cord that holds my body to my soul. At that point, my body will begin the process of decomposition and my soul will ascend into the spiritual realm. Once my soul begins its ascent into the worlds of God, it won’t need my body any more. Then place the casket containing my body in a grave or shot it into orbit, but don’t cremate my body. I’m sure my soul wouldn’t like that idea.

1 comment:

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

I don't like cremation either. But I do like the idea of being shot into space. I enjoy reading your posts. I'm sorry things are not going well ... getting older is definitely not for the faint of heart.