Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Primary Election Day in Las Vegas


Fidál (Grace), 8 Núr (Light), 169 BE – Tuesday, June 12, 2012 about Sunset Pacific Time

Today was the primary election in Las Vegas and in the rest of Nevada as well. However, the only city I am interested in is Las Vegas. I voted today. I am registered nonpartisan, so the ballet was not very long and consisted of only judges, but I voted anyway.

This morning, I went to the doctor and then on the way home stopped off at my polling place to vote. I parked my car in the shade of a tree because it was hot out and I did not want my car get too much warmer while I was voting.

I voted in the primary election because it is a family tradition. My grandparents voted in every election. My mother, when she was capable of making a logical decision, voted in every election. Therefore, I feel it is my duty to vote in every election.

I used to work the election polls, but since I became Mom’s caregiver, I no longer do that type of work. Mom goes to the daycare from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM and the polls are open from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. I have to be home with Mom before she leaves for the daycare center and when she gets home, so I cannot work the polls. However, I can still vote.

No comments: