Monday, June 25, 2012

I hear Mom crying


Kamál (Perfection), 2 Rahmat (Mercy), 169 BE – Monday, June 25, 2012 about 7:10 PM Pacific Time

I hear Mom crying,
so I get up and go check:
did she have another dream?

It’s going to be another sleepless night. There is no use going to bed, so I’ll lye down on the couch or the love seat. I don’t sleep well, listening for Mom. Sometimes it’s her tears; I strain to hear her crying in her sleep or when she wakes up from a bad dream.

It’s the Alzheimer’s disease. Mom can’t tell the difference between a dream and reality. She has a dream and she thinks it’s real. She reacts to the dream as if it were real. Sometimes her reactions to the dreams are amusing. Sometimes they make me cry.

Anyway, I get up. I go into her bedroom and I attempt to calm her. I attempt to reassure her that I love her. If this doesn’t calm her then I give her something for agitation because she needs the sleep. I know this is a symptom of Alzheimer’s disease.

I hear Mom crying,
so I get up and go check:
“Mom, I love you!”

No comments: