Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Solstice eve in Las Vegas


Fidál (Grace), 15 Núr (Light), 169 BE – Tuesday, June 19, 2012 about 12:50 PM Pacific Time

Tomorrow, Wednesday, June 20, 2012, is the summer solstice. At 7:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time (4:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time) summer begins. It already feels like summer here in Las Vegas, which is on Pacific Time rather then Mountain Time.

On June 1, the temperature in Las Vegas was 105 degrees, which prompted an excessive heat warning for the Las Vegas valley. I can testify that it was excessively hot because I had to get out of my cool house to drive across the city. Since then we have had several triple digit days and, with the first day of summer tomorrow, it will only get worse.

I am not looking forward to more triple digit temperatures. I do not have working air conditioning in my car (as anyone who has read this blog before knows). I have to go to the grocery store sometime this week. There is no getting out of it, so I may as well go either Wednesday or Thursday. I will see how I feel tomorrow after hydrating myself the rest of the day.

If I hydrate myself today and then tomorrow take a couple of frozen bottles of water with me when I leave the house, it will help keep me cool. Lately, I have found myself getting a bit cranky if I get too warm when I leave the house. I want a car with working air conditioning.

1 comment:

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

I take hope that the day after the summer solstice the days begin to shorten until I notice the cooler weather following behind ... finally.