Monday, June 04, 2012

A trip to the supermarket in Las Vegas


Kamál (Perfection), 19 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 169 BE – Monday, June 4, 2012 about 9:55 PM Pacific Time

I went to the supermarket this morning. The trip this morning wasn’t as tiring as the ones I made the last couple of weeks. The reason is that the only stop I made was to the supermarket. Therefore, from now on I will plan grocery-shopping trips as the only stop I make that day.

It’s difficult to shop for food or anything when I’m tired. I think the problem is that I have difficulty walking. Wearing compression stocking help, but only if the supermarket is the only stop I make. I know I could use the motorized shopping carts the stores have, but sometimes the trip to the grocery store is only exercise I get. It’s also difficult to get up if I set down too long.

Sometimes I like to buy the items on the top shelves rather then those on the middle or bottom shelves. As long as I can lean on a shopping cart, I’m usually able to make it through a shopping trip; especially if the supermarket is the only stop I make that day. As I’ve said before, getting old isn’t for wimps.

No comments: