Friday, February 20, 2009

On a Friday Afternoon

Istiqlál (Independence), 14 Mulk (Dominion), 166 BE – Friday, February 20, 2009 about 4:28 PM Pacific Time

On a Friday afternoon in February 2009, I contemplate the price of gas. I drove past a gas station today and gas cast about $2.18 a gallon. I have precisely $0.57 in change in my purse and about $1.55 in the bank. The gas gage in my car is setting close to empty. I am back driving on fumes and a prayer.

The car I am driving now is easy on gas, but I still need to put gas in the tank. I have some aluminum cans to see, but I am going to have to put gas in the tank to drive the recyclers. I am expecting a small deposit in my bank account around Monday. However, that does not help this weekend and I need about $39.00 to get some meds. I was supposed to pick the meds up today, I am going to have to call the pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist.

The money I had this week went to covering an automatic debt withdrawal from my bank account and paying another debt. Oddly enough, I am not worried, which is probably a good thing since I have an ulcer. I will begin a new job next month sometimes, but until then all of my money is coming from on-line work.

The interesting thing about the gas prices is that when my old car broke down the price of gas went down. Now that I have a running car, the price is going up again. I know it is just a coincidence, but it does give a person something to think about.

No comments: