Thursday, February 26, 2009

The First Day of Ayyám-I-Há

Istijlál (Majesty), 1 Ayyám-I-Há (Intercalary), 165 BE – Thursday, February 26, 2009 about 12:49 PM Pacific Time

Today is the first day of Ayyám-I-Há, so I checked the Gift Points I have on Homescan and ordered a coffee bean grinder. It will arrive in a few weeks, I hope around my Mother's birthday. When it does arrive, I will buy some whole bean coffee and make Mom fresh ground coffee. Mom will like that.

I would rather grind my own coffee, but with the economy, the way it is buying already ground coffee is more economical. That doesn't mean I cannot buy coffee beans for special occasion and then grind the coffee myself. Now that I have a larger coffee mill then the small grinder we've owned for several years, I will find more occasions to use it.

My problem with grinding my own coffee is measuring it. When I grind my own coffee, I either get it too strong or too weak. However, the new grinder will take care of that problem. The new grinder I ordered is much better then the one I have right now. After the new grinder arrives, I think I will offer the old one on Freecycle.

I'm not sure what type of whole bean coffee I will get Mom for her birthday. If I ask her, she is just going to tell me it really doesn't matter. Mom likes grinding her own coffee as much as I like grinding and making it.

Now I have to decide what to do for the rest of Ayyám-I-Há. Saturday we are going to a party at the Baha'i Center in Las Vegas. I know Mom will like that, because she enjoys going to the Center for celebrations.

No comments: