Sunday, February 08, 2009

Monday February 9 is Toothache Day

Jamál (Beauty), 2 Mulk (Dominion), 165 BE – Sunday, February 8, 2009 about 1:17 PM Pacific Time

Monday, February 9, is Toothache Day. This is the day to educate yourself about the causes of toothaches and tooth decay. I wish I had known about this day earlier in my life because then I could have learned more about teeth, toothaches and tooth care.

As it is, after February 19 I am not going to have to worry about having a toothache any more. The dentist is pulling my remaining bottom teeth and the other half of my dentures put in. However, for those of you who still have all their teeth, I suggest you commemorate this day by making a dental appointment.

Make a dental appointment or an appointment to have your teeth cleaned. Then learn how you can save your teeth. Encourage your children to brush their teeth so that they can keep their teeth all their lives. They will thank you for it when the do not have to learn to use dentures.

Dentures are not difficult to get used to, there are, however, some adjustments that must be made. For instance, I cannot eat whole apples, carrots or some other raw vegetables without cutting them up into tiny pieces or cooking them. I enjoy raw vegetables, especially raw onions, which I normally do not eat unless I am going to stay home for the entire day.

Commemorate Toothache Day, but learning how you can avoid toothaches. I remember my Grandmother encouraging us to brush our teeth after every meal and every snack. She especially encouraged us to brush after having candy or ice cream of any kind.

No comments: