Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Grandmother Made Grocery Lists

Every week on Wednesday or Thursday Grandma Newland would sit down in the kitchen and make a grocery list. Then one either Thursday or Friday, Grandma and Grandpa would go to the grocery store. Grandma never went to the store without a grocery list.

I'm going to have to get into that habit myself. Between rising gas prices and the economy I can't afford to make seven trips to the store every week because I forgot something. A grocery list would also cut down on unnecessary purchases. If I make a list and stick to the list then I won't buy anything I don't need.

I always enjoyed watching Grandma make her list. The first items she put on the list were those she remembered needing. Next Grandma would check the cupboards to see if she had forgotten anything. After that, she went to the laundry room and checked the laundry detergent and bleach. Grandma never forgot anything that she needed.

No comments: