Friday, February 06, 2009

I am one of the unprepared

I am one of the 35,000 homes in Las Vegas unprepared for the transition to digital TV. I am going to have to get a new TV, of course. However, not for a while because, according to a story in today's RJ Las Vegas stations will continue to use both digital and analog signals for the next four months.

This means I can shop around for a new TV or go to one of the TV rental places and rent to own a new TV. This is nice since I need a new fridge, before I get a new TV or go for satellite or cable. A new fridge is much more important then a new TV or one of the other options.

The TV problem solved, not that being without a TV would be a big sacrifice. I have an Internet connection and can get my news on line. Without a TV Mom and I would have to go back to reading books in the evening or something else as much fun. I enjoy reading and I could read Mom some of my poems or the book I'm reading now.

No comments: