Friday, February 06, 2009

A Gray Day in Las Vegas

Istiqlál (Independence), 19 Sultán (Sovereignty), 165 BE – Friday, February 6, 2009 about 7:34 AM Pacific Time

It's a gray day in Las Vegas. There is a breeze and cloud cover, so the sky I see when I look out my living room window is blue patched gray-white. I listened to the news yesterday and the weatherman said to expect rain in the valley and snow in the higher elevations.

I haven't been outside yet to see what the wind chill factor is, but I know one exists. Whenever there is a wind then there is a wind chill factor. People notice the wind chill more in winter then in summer. Since the wind chill makes the air colder it is more noticeable in the colder seasons.

In winter, a wind chill makes the day colder and more unpleasant. In summer, the wind chill makes the day cooler and more pleasant. I am looking forward to the summer wind chill and cool desert evenings when the sun set later and getting out in the front or back yard in the evening is fun.

No comments: