Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Solstice 2008

Jamál (Beauty), 10 Masa’il (Questions), 165 BE – Sunday, December 21, 2008 about 1:53 PM Pacific Time

It's winter solstice 2008 and I got a Sunday paper this morning. Last Sunday a young man came to my door selling the weekend edition of the Las Vegas Review Journal. I get a paper on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Today is the first day I've received a Sunday paper in over a year.

This morning I read the Sunday comics while I drink coffee, something I always enjoy doing. I like reading the Sunday paper because it has so many interesting and educational articles. Today a lot of the comics and articles had to do with Christmas, which is Thursday. I hope to get the rest of today's paper read sometime this week.

I don't think I'll get any more of the paper read today because I have a lot to do and it's been a difficult day. I suspect the rest of the week will be just as difficult, but maybe I should hold off on that opinion until Christmas Eve and I celebrate my next birthday.

I don't think we'll go out Christmas Eve. Instead I think we'll celebrate my birthday either Friday or Saturday. I have a gift card from a Mexican restaurant and we'll go there. I have to go to the grocery store either Monday or Tuesday, probably Tuesday because I'm going to be up all night tonight working in the house.

As I said, it's been a difficult day and we haven't gotten a lot done. Therefore, I'm going to have to work on part of it tonight. I don't like doing work in the middle of the night, but there is nothing I can do about it. It has to be done before Wednesday and I have to go to the store Tuesday, which will take most of the day.

No comments: