Sunday, December 28, 2008

Everyone is making resolutions for 2009

Jamál (Beauty), 17 Masa’il (Questions), 165 BE – Sunday, December 28, 2008 about 10:18 AM Pacific Time

All most everyone is making New Year's resolutions for 2009. I'm in the process of reviewing the goals I made during 2008. Normally I don't make or set any resolutions or goal until March 21, when I celebrate a New Year. However, 2008 was a weird and stressful year so I need to reevaluate my goals earlier then usual.

I have decided to focus on the goals listed in my personal "60 things to do in my 6th" decade list. I started the list when I turned 60 in 2006. In 2007, my mother went into the hospital and my world fell apart. In 2008, Mom and I spent most of the year recovering from 2007. I have reevaluated my 6th decade list, I have replaced some of the goals with others that are more important.

I have now begun focusing on the list and determining how to achieve it. I have the short term benchmarks in place and am working on the list now. True I am still having difficulties and distractions, but those are a part of achieving goals. Tests, difficulties and distractions are a part of the transformation process and always there. The ideas is to deal with them or overcome them as they appear.

I am looking forward to 2009. I always look forward to a New Year whether it begins on January 1 or on March 21. New Years are like new cars and new shoes, they have such sweet smells for the first month or so. After that the aroma changes and you have to begin spraying them with odor eliminators so that you can either drive them or wear them.

No comments: