Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Winter in Las Vegas

Fidál (Grace), 19 Masa’il (Questions), 165 BE – Tuesday, December 30, 2008 about 10:23 AM Pacific Time

It's winter in Las Vegas and I'm noticing the cold. I don't remember noticing the cold when I was growing up in Oklahoma. I don't think children notice the cold as much as adults. I don't think tourist notice the cold as much as locals. I'm a local. I wasn't born in Las Vegas, but I've lived here long enough to be considered a local.

I have the central heat on. I will either gripe or worry about the power bill when it comes in, but that will be after January 1, 2009. In the mean time, I'm not going to worry about the power bill. Since the New Year is close I have other things to occupy my time. I have to make a list of stuff I'm going to have to buy in the New Year.

One thing I'm going to have to buy is a refrigerator. I'd like to buy a new one because then I can get a rebate from the Power Company. At least, I think they still give rebates on stuff like that. However, I think I may have to opt for a used fridge. There are some second hand stores here that sell appliances, I'll check them next week and clean the fridge I have out on Friday or Saturday.

I took some leftovers out today and put them in the slow cooker. We're having Hobo stew today, which is good on a cold day like this.

No comments: