Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One thing I've learned about myself in 2008

I worry too much. Most of the stuff I worry about never occurs, so that means I worry over nothing. Worrying distracts me and affects my mood. In 2009 I am going to have to find away to handle the worry.

One way to handle the worry is through daily prayer and meditation. I have been praying, but I haven't been meditating. Therefore in 2009, I have to set aside a time to meditate. It is difficult to set this time aside in winter because I can't find a place alone in the house and it's cold outside, so that is distracting.

I think I also need to learn to handle the distractions. Distractions are constant and if I let them interfere with my writing. Normally I don't put specific goals in place until March, but I think I will change that. If I find I have to put a goal into action before March then I will.

No comments: