Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Legs are Still Tired this Morning

Jamál (Beauty), 3 Masa’il (Questions), 165 BE – Sunday, December 14, 2008 about 7:49 AM Pacific Time

The wind blew and gusted yesterday. When I went to the bank about 10:30 AM the wind was not a problem. It blew and there was a wind chill factor, but it wasn't blowing hard and it wasn't gusting.

After I went to the bank, I caught a bus to Food 4 Less. The wind started picking up while I waited for the bus to take me to the grocery store. By the time I got out of the st0re, it was blowing hard. As I waited for the bus on Eastern, the wind not only blew harder, but began to gust. It blew dirt and sand from a vacant lot across from the bus stop.

The bus finally picked up the people waiting. I got off at the Oakey stop and the wind was still blowing hard and gusting. I walked to the cross walk at Oakey and Eastern. It was difficult to get across the street because of the wind. Once I got across the street the wind attempted to push me back into traffic.

I had difficulty walking up Oakey toward Burnham because of the wind. There were seconds at a time in which I couldn't move because the wind was blowing so hard. The gust kept pushing me back or impeding my progress all together. While I walked along Oakey the wind blew a plastic trashcan across the street.

Walking south on Burnham toward Bracken wasn't any easier. Once I turned the corner on Bracken, I noticed that the wind had pilled the leaves along the curb and piles of leaves hid the tires of parked cars. I finally got home and was too tired to get on line. My legs are still tired this morning.

No comments: