Monday, December 08, 2008

The Weather Reminds me of Oklahoma

Fidál (Grace), 17 Qawl (Speech), 165 BE – Monday, December 8, 2008 about 8:00 PM Pacific Time

I think I'm homesick for Oklahoma, because the weather in Las Vegas today is reminding me of my childhood home. Maybe it's because this is my birth month and everything reminds me of Oklahoma in December. That sounds like a good title for a poem.

I want to write myself a birthday poem. Not about the birthday coming up, but about the birthday's I remember from my childhood. True there are a few things about those birthdays I don't want to remember, but thinking back to my childhood in Oklahoma pleasant memories surface. The older I get the more pleasant memories I discover.

I'll have to do a little brainstorming to come up with some interesting memories or birthday presents. I have a few days before my birthday, so I should be able to come up with something interesting.

I think I'd like a chocolate ice cream cake this year for my birthday. I'd also like to go out and eat prime rib. Any way, as I was saying; the weather reminds me of Oklahoma. Today was cloudy and cold. It almost felt like snow.

No comments: