Saturday, December 27, 2008

2008 a Weird Year

Jamál (Beauty), 17 Masa’il (Questions), 165 BE – Saturday, December 27, 2008 about 4:37 PM Pacific Time

2008 has been a weird year. In February, the wind took out the elm tree. In March, someone tried to run me off the road and I ruined two new tires and a rim. A couple of months ago, the Toyota quit running completely.

On December 24, I received a 2000 Kia the tires were fine. On December 26, I went out to get the morning paper and one of the tires was flat. I had the spare put on and took the tire to Discount Tires to have it fixed or get a new tire. The Discount Tire employees checked the tire and found nothing wrong with it. They replaced the stem and put it back on the car. It didn't cast me anything to have that done.

I did find out the tires were about three years old. Therefore, I'm probably going to consider all new tires in a few months. In the mean time, I'm going to have the car registered in January. I can drive the car until January 23, 2009 before I have to have it done, but there isn't any use waiting until the last minute. Especially since I'm going to have to wait in line at the DMV and find a place to park before I even go into the building.

For the next several days I will check the tire every night and every morning to see if it is low. I think Sunday or Monday, I'll go to a full service station and fill the tank. I put $10.00 in today myself, but I like to go to a full service station about once a month to have the fluids checked. So I may as well get into the habit of going at the end of the month rather then the beginning.

No comments: